Saturday, May 26, 2012

Colorado Defensive Shooting

Drunken college student, 3x the legal limit, wanders into a home and goes into the owner's bedroom, ignoring numerous warnings that they had a gun, and keeps heading towards them.  Home owners shoot her, striking her in the hip.

This is a clear case of Castle Doctrine.  There was NO opportunity for the homeowners to 'retreat' (even though under CO law they had no duty to), w/ her continuing to come towards the homeowners after multiple warnings, that is a clear threat.

So now my question, will the anti-gun advocates, especially Ladd Everitt of the CSGV, support this?  It fits all the myriad restrictions and requirements they demand. 

Or will they come up w/ some other lame qualifier or excuse why this wasn't 'justified'? 

I think we all know the answer.


Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

5 comments:

LC Scotty said...

I suppose that depends on whether or not she had Skittles in her pocket.

Old NFO said...

0300, dark bedroom, somebody coming at you after multiple commands to stop? Hell yes, I'd have shot!!!

greenmeanie said...

Commands to stop!!??? My only command to stop would have been the "BANG" uttered by my 1911A1!

John Hardin said...

The girl was very fortunate that he wasn't shooting CoM like he's supposed to...

Chas said...

Large human primates are the deadliest animals in the world - they kill more people than any other animal. If I suddenly found one in my house, particularly at night, and coming at me, yes, I would shoot, if I was able, and I would hope that I lived through the experience.