Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blogger Bash 2009 Day 3: My Finale

Scheduling conflicts are causing me to leave today instead of staying for the rest of the events. So here's my final post from the convention. I'll have a roundup and final thoughts/thanks in a few days after I've recovered from the drive home.

This morning attended a 2ABB discussion w/ NRA-ILA National Hunting Policy Manager Darren LaSorte.


Discussion involved how the NRA is attempting to counter the anti-hunting activities of the HSUS and their (NRA's) focus in increasing the number of hunters across the nation. He will be getting me some information regarding my question on centerfire hunting restrictions in Illinois.

The DOOT drawing went well. The new patches were well received. Many stickers were handed out.

Noticed numerous reenactors present. Don't know why.


Headed down to the floor for a final walk through.


Filled out a survey for Marlin Firearms, said goodbye to Cam Edwards, and entered a couple of drawings for stuff. Not like I'll win.

Headed back up to the Press Room to give my final farewells to the NRA folks there. Handed out a few copies of the "Art of War" to those who didn't have them as well as a few UMPC patches. Rachel apparently didn't realize I was the one who sent a bunch last year after Ashley Varner told me she had never read it. Obviously I needed to fix that and will continue to do so.


That's all for now. Posting will be light the next few days.

Blogger Bash 2009 Day 1
Blogger Bash 2009 Day 2A
Blogger Bash 2009 Day 2B
Blogger Bash 2009: Thoughts

Blogger Bash 2008

No comments: