Tuesday, June 26, 2012

kaveman 2.0


Hmmm, how to begin, again. First of all thanks to Thirdpower for extending the invitation to come back as a co-blogger on DOOT. The circumstances of my departure were not ideal. I don’t want to dwell on it, but it’s something that needs to be said.

I made several extremely crude and offensive comments(even by my standards) towards Ladd Everitt on another forum, I honestly can’t remember which one and I received a very well deserved thrashing by some people I have never met but respect a great deal nonetheless. I was given the opportunity to apologize on DOOT and several other blogs and I thought about it for a while but just could not bring myself to do it.

I was done.

I quit reading the gun blogs, I quit reading the anti blogs and I quit thinking about the issue almost entirely…almost.

I’m not going to offer excuses, I’m not going to try to justify my words because after all is said and done, I sank to a level I normally and routinely criticize.

For what it’s worth, I apologize to Ladd Everitt and his ancestry.

I need to go back to my old style of telling stories; using satire and humor rather than ad hom attacks…and that’s what I intend to do.



Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

8 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I'm a big believer in redemption and second chances.

Welcome back.

Thirdpower said...

Welcome back brother.

Tango said...

Takes a man to admit mistakes! :) Everybody here knows that that individual can bring out the worst in people.

Sam said...

Whatever you said about Ladd and his ancestry, he probably deserved it.

Weer'd Beard said...

We all have rough patches. The only thing shameful is when the rough patches don't end.

Good to see you again, brother!

Stephen said...

Welcome back as well! I look forward to reading your commentary, and more DOOT is always good.

So Thirdman and Kavepower and teamed up again (or something like that ;-).

Ramsey A. Bear said...

Before my time. Howdy.

kaveman said...

Robert- that's kind of poetic since "Howdy" was the title of my first post ever here on DOOT.