Saturday, December 5, 2009

Critical mass

Many years ago I read a story about a house-fly infestation in China. I think it was in was a Natioanal Geographic issue but can't be sure. Even if I researched and found the actual source, it would be pointless to my message.

Not just talking about the random buzzer circling the light bulb, but a real problem of shit-eaters spreading disease.

The then leader of China made a decision and floated it to the masses. Every man woman and child able to swing a fly swatter should kill ten flies every day.

The flies were all but extinct within 30 days.

Hmmm...grass-root support on steroids.

That's kinda what I've seen in the pro-2A community. I've made a goal for myself of doing 10 things every day that further our cause.

If it's leaving comments on the sites of the antis, responding to the obvious bias in the MSM, calling my local congress critters, buying an NRA gift membership for someone, donating money to a pro-freedom org, taking a new shooter to the range, making my own post on Al Gores' interweb tubes, or simply buying a firearm or some sort of accessory, each action has an effect.

10 things every day.

The Brady Bunch is already soiling their panties based on the very limited dedication shown by us so far.

I challenge all gun owners to kill 10 flies every day.

The NRA is not influential in congress because of their acronym. The NRA, GOA, JPFO, CCRKBA, SAS, OFF, etc is influential because they give a voice to millions upon millions of people who vote.

What did you do today?

Unorganized Militia Gear

7 comments:

drjim said...

Thanks for the inspiration!
I made the last payment for a life membership in the GOA, sent a few more $$ to JFPO, and went to the range with the fiancee.
Quite a bit short of 10 items, but more than I usually do.

Thirdpower said...

Hell, even if everyone did just ONE thing everyday.

kaveman said...

Quite true.

The number per day is unimportant, the key takeaway is that people engage.

We are already dominant on every anti blog thread I've run across so for, but we could be a tidal wave if we got a few more people off the couch.

GUNNY said...

Good stuff. The opposition isn't resting, nor should we.

Newbius said...

"What did you do today?"

I went shooting with friends, hosted a blogmeet, and began a draft of ideas I want to discuss with my local State delegate, regarding improving gun owner freedoms in Virginia, for the upcoming legislative session.

Other than that, nothing. :)

JohnnyBill said...

My NRA Life has been paid since the early 80's, so I bought a Okie NRA license plate. Everyday hundreds see it, and maybe somebody is inspired to join!

Stephen said...

Excellent idea! I copied it to my blog and hopefully others will do so as well. A good concept to jump on.

Thanks!