Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Support The 2A but......

I was pointed to Il Gov. Candidate Jim Ryan's FB page by a loyal reader where Ryan has published his stock reply to any questions about supporting firearm rights:

A number of people here have asked for my position on the issue of the 2nd Amendment. I am pro-Second Amendment and in 2002 I was endorsed by the NRA/ISRA in my run for Governor. As a lifetime prosecutor, I am persuaded by those in law enforcement who oppose concealed carry. I believe the main problem with gun violence is not the lack of new laws but the inadequate enforcement of existing gun statutes.

He must be talking to those in 'law enforcement' that are appointed by the Chicago machine and IACP since the Illinois Sheriff's Assoc. supports CCW overwhelmingly.

As usual, the citizens of Illinois are going to get screwed no matter who the GOP/DNC choose for office.

4 comments:

Don said...

I can't agree with that. Kirk Dillard has a chance on the GOP side, and he'd be a huge win for gun owners. So would Brady if he could win, though I don't see how he can at this point.

Chas said...

"I am persuaded by those in law enforcement who oppose concealed carry."

He should be persuaded by those in law enforcement who support concealed carry. He's using law enforcement as a prop to support his own agenda is what he's doing.

Anonymous said...

Once again we see who the DNC & the RINO GOP support for elected office.

Semi-solution? Find a conservative independent and support them in their run for office. It will take away votes from both MSM parties, hopefully making them wonder "WTF is going on?"

B Woodman
III-per

Cemetery's Gun Blob said...

Sounds like Jersey.

We'll just have to see how things turn out with Christie.