Friday, February 20, 2009

Quiver of arrows

I would like to thank everyone who has come by to visit the Trailer. I see some old friends and alot of new faces as well. The discussion has been excellent and insightful. I'm doing my best to thank people individually, but I can't spend all my time on the interweb tubes. Thank you all.

In my view, there are 5 basic categories of people with regards to the 2nd Amendment:

1. Those who respect it and exercise it.
2. Those who respect it and don’t exercise it.
3. Those who don’t respect it yet do exercise it.
4. Those who don’t respect it and don’t exercise it.
5. Those who can’t even differentiate between Rights and privileges. The entire Bill of Rights is a complete mystery to these folks.

Or the shorty version:

1. Sheep dogs
2. good sheep
3. wolves/Fudds
4. bad sheep
5. pathetic sheep

When you run the list through my patent pending “F*ck the 2A” filter, the original 5 categories of people are reduced down to 2 categories.

1. Those who believe their safety is their own responsibility.
2. Those who believe their safety is someone else’s responsibility.

I want to make absolutely clear that I do not wish to disparage or belittle those who engage the antis from a linguistic, academic, historical or court precedent foundation. I have tremendous respect for each arrow in the quiver. Indeed, each arrow is needed, based on the individual you’re debating and from what angle.

My main point is that quoting U.S. Code or SCOTUS rulings ain’t gonna put much of a dent in:

“12 caliber death machines that pump 4 rounds for each trigger pull with a 100 bullet clip of high kill-rate heat-seeking cop-killing shells and shoulder things that go up are of no use to civilians other than the mass slaughter of innocent children and shooting passenger planes out of the sky.”

I see 5 types of people with regards to the 2A, but only 2 types with regards to the natural Right of self defense.

For those who remember the Brady Blog days, I was actually able to get my beloved Kelli to admit that a mother dolphin had the natural Right to kill an aggressive shark in order to protect her slower swimming offspring. It’s the only concession I’ve gotten from her in over 2 years of debate.

Let’s not waste ammunition and use our arrows wisely.

3 comments:

Mike W. said...

"Let’s not waste ammunition and use our arrows wisely."

But sometimes doing a mag dump as fast as you can is just too much fun!

I remember good old Kelli (and yourself) from the Brady Blog. That was before I had my own blog, but I think I was still commenting under "Mike W.

Anonymous said...

I've always looked at it as:

1) Those who respect it and won't budge
2) Those who don't respect it and won't budge
3) Fence sitters.

The NRA tells me that if I don't buy a 55 gallon drum of cosmoline and donate my $35 annually, Ted Kennedy will show up at my door and personally confiscate my firearms.

The anti's tell me that if I don't submit to civilian disarmament, all children under the age of 24 will fall over dead from gun violence and somewhere in NJ, a chemical plant will be taken out by a Marlin 60.

The fence sitters continue to graze in the pasture waiting for their unicorns and marshmallows (AKA, Hope and Change(tm) while being incrementally stripped of their inalienable rights.

What is the best chance I have at making a difference? By firing as many arrows as I can into the crowd of sheeple.

Unknown said...

“12 caliber death machines that pump 4 rounds for each trigger pull with a 100 bullet clip of high kill-rate heat-seeking cop-killing shells and shoulder things that go up are of no use to civilians other than the mass slaughter of innocent children and shooting passenger planes out of the sky.”

Gots to get me one of these.