Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10th Circuit Private Property Victory

Fairfax, Va. – Today, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled unanimously in support of allowing employees to store legally owned firearms in locked, private motor vehicles while parked in employer parking lots. This decision upholds NRA-backed legislation passed in 2004.
In my view, this is less of a 2A issue than a private property issue. The inside of my vehicle is my property. While the business may own the lot, they don't own my car. It's in the same vein as businesses punishing people for having political stickers on their car that the owners oppose.

1 comment:

alan said...

Yeah, I have the same point of view. That may be your building, and you can ask me not to carry in it, but it's my car.

Next step is to apply this to schools.