Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NRA denies MoJo

Mother Jones, who broke the story of the "mole", is unhappy that the NRA hasn't provided damning sound-bytes for their amusement.

As per typical "authorized journalist" mentality, they think that people should be obligated to talk to them:

So shouldn't the NRA have to address this?

"have to"? No, I don't think they do. They (or anyone else for that matter) are under no obligation to the media whatsoever. "Freedom of the Press" /= Authority of the press.

But maybe not just the media but the NRA's own members (and board members) ought to ask why the lobby was spying on its political foes, who at the organization authorized this covert activity, how much money was spent on it, and, perhaps most important of all, was Sapone its only agent, past or present.

I won't ask them anything except to do more of it and hope they got plenty of information on groups trying to strip us of our rights. That, to me, is a better us of my dues than sending out multiple mailers.

Edit: Obviously the excellent research skills of Mojo are lost when it comes to their regular readers. The comment section reads like a poor copy of Huffpo or DU. All ad hominem all the time. No wonder we've done so well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That, to me, is a better us of my dues than sending out multiple mailers.

Boy Howdy. I sent them a special $50 dollar thank you gift in light of MoJo.

Anonymous said...

As an NRA life member, and (small) contributor to ILA, I damn well expect that they're keeping tabs on our political enemies!

West, By God said...

"why the lobby was spying on its political foes"

Duhhhh. I'll give you 3 guesses on that one. Heh.

"how much money was spent on it"

Not as much as all the dang mailers I get from them... but I'll keep sending in money if they keep spying. In fact, I'll send more money if their moles actively sabotage those organizations who campaign for the infringement of my rights.

It is laughable that anyone would expect NRA members to be outraged over this.