Monday, October 1, 2007

WTF Over!

Is all I can really say to this story:

10-year-old gives birth

BRUSSELS – A ten-year-old girl from Charleroi gave birth to a baby last year. The father was 13.

"The pregnancy was a big surprise to the girl and her mother," says doctor Robert Chef from Charleroi. "The child came to me with unexplained abdominal pain. She had also put on weight. Her mother had even put her on a diet for a while but that had little effect. When we examined her it turned out she was nine months pregnant. The child was carrying a full term baby."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there has got to be something in the local water supply. ten-year-olds are supposed to be prepubescent, dammit!

Yuri Orlov said...

WTH? I don't know what else to say, but DAMN! I can't imagine either of my girls doing this...

*shakes head*

Anonymous said...

It shouldn't be that surprising. With the amount of horomones being dumped into the water supply by oral contraceptives I'd wager its more common than any of you would imagine (the young puberty age, not the pregnancy).

One thing I'd be suspicious of is the claim of the father being 13. The vast majority (granted these incidents aren't terribly common so you can't draw many conclusions in any direction) of these cases its the result of sexual abuse.