Sunday, October 7, 2007

7.62x54R vs Hedge Apples

7.62 every time.

Since I couldn't make it to the Blogger Rendevous, I decided to celebrate instead by doing some quality shooting w/ the Dragunov. Ammo was Wolf 148 gr FMJ . According to Dragunov.net, this was specifically developed for civilian Dragunovs* as there had been some issues w/ the heavier loads.

I got it down to about 2 MOA before my shoulder decided to assert it's constitutional right to rebel against a tyrannical government. I had enough left to apply to my vendetta against the hedge apples that drop everywhere. They explode nicely. The only thing left of an unfortunate walnut that caught my eye was some particulate matter spattered around the area.

Then I switched to some plinking w/ the .22 . The revolution ended.

Tomorrow is cleaning.


*Yes, I know they're not technically Dragunovs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one of those PSLs too. I can't take it to GBR because it's too big, and the ammo weighs too much. Blah.