Friday, April 4, 2014

Otis Mcdonald Passes

Via ISRA:
It is with great regret that I inform you of the passing of Otis McDonald.  Otis was 79.  I have always considered Otis as one of those people who lived everyday bravely and was not a hero because of one event but was a hero every day of his life.

Richard A Pearson
Executive Director
Illinois State Rifle Association
I had the great pleasure to meet Mr. McDonald on several occasions and spend an evening over dinner w/ him after an IGOLD:


He was a gentleman and an advocate.  Starting out from humble beginnings, his contribution to society is immeasurable.  He will be missed and mourned by many.

Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew Otis since I was 10. I used to hunt and fish with him and his friends on our farm. He really loved persimmons and pears so we loaded him down with all he could take home. Otis visited me just before he couldn't travel anymore. I miss him. He was my friend. I told JD I'd be happy to take care of Otis's beagles here on the farm. At least they would be somewhere they know. Godd luckon your journey old buddy! You were true to the end... -Brad Hearle