Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thanks to all.

I'm but a lowly guest blogger on an already established site. This provides me the opportunity to share my thoughts without the constant pressure of coming up with new content on a regular basis.

Ya, I’m a parasite. But as long as I don’t kill my host, I’ll continue to reproduce posts at a very irregular frequency.

I wanted to take some space and thank all of the “new media” for the collection, the research and the insight of this new medium concerning Al Gore’s interweb tubes.

They specialize in reporting stuff you won’t see in the evening news. I can’t compete with that nor do I see my contribution in this arena as a competition. There are plenty of pro-2A bloggers out there who can not only scoop a gun-rights story for all to enjoy; they are the ONLY ones alerting the masses of the particular issue to begin with.

I enjoy reading them all. I should clarify that last remark by stating that I don’t actually have the time to read them all but I am very heartened by the fact that every thread I expose to my eyeballs, the pro-freedom crowd dominates in the only criteria that matters; the truth.

I’m not good at finding stories about other people.

I’m good at telling stories about myself and people I know directly.

All the power in the world to those who take the time to do the research, link to sources, and do the math.

That’s not my bag.

I won’t alert you to the latest legislation introduced by Senator Douche-bag. I only know what’s on the Supreme Courts plate do to the hard work of others. I have a hard enough time internalizing all the gun laws for my own state now that I’ve got my Concealed Handgun License; thinking about the more repressive laws in other states makes my head hurt and makes me drink vodka.

OK, I’d still be drinking vodka if machine guns were sold like candy; ya got me there.

My main point is that you should look to others for documentation.

I offer only my own story.

1 comment:

Sheepdog said...

I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for writing it