Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The new media

I gotta admit that I'm not much of a country music fan,(gotta be in the right mood, more of a old rock type) but when somone goes and makes a documentary and puts some hard drums behind it, it's hard not to respect it.

For those who don't already know, I live in a town of approx. 300 people. We got one general store, one church, one school and one post office. We got no police department, no fire department and no medical facilities.

Ooh, and I estimate that we got 3 times as many firearms as people in town(my G.O.D. that's a conservative estimate). Needlessless to say, our crime is almost non-existent. Got a few meth heads(4 to be exact, used to have 6 but 2 moved away due to, uh...social pressure) who everybody knows and they don't dare break into anybody's home. Out-buildings are another matter, but even the meth heads aren't stupid enough to breach any castles.

Having said that, my dog will bark at any noise; I bring other skills to the table.

1 comment:

Crustyrusty said...

LOL sounds like where I used to live in "Forgottonia", 200 people, a post office, a cafe, an elevator, and what passes for a library, open on W-F-Su. And yeah, crime was pretty much nonexistent, since every house had at least a 12 gauge for deer season....