Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Church of G.O.D. (Gun Owning Disciples) is let loose upon the earth


For those who saw the original G.O.D. post, I apologize that it has taken me this long to launch, but work has had me mad busy lately and my evening time is usually taken up with another project of mine.

For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, a brief recap.

First off, I made a boo-boo when I stated that the SCOTUS ruled that peyote use by Native Americans was protected by the 1st Amendment. The case(Employment Division v. Smith) originated in Oregon, my home state, and details can be found on Wiki. The Oregon supreme court ruled that it was protected but was overturned by the SCOTUS in 1990. The jist of it is that individual states can place restrictions on religious actions, not religious beliefs, and that since peyote was ALREADY prohibited for all Americans, Constitutional muster is okie-dokie.

But, no matter for our purposes.

The concept is simple. The true defenders know that the 2A is the last check and the last balance after all others have failed or have been unjustly removed from the chess board. I can’t take your king, defended by your queen, with a lone castle, knight or bishop. But give me 10,000 pawns, and I will own you.

If the possession of firearms is legal today, which it is, then adopting their use in a religious/spiritual context should be protected against future encroachment under the 1st Amendment. I have no doubt that when the antis get wind of this movement, they will falsely claim that we worship guns, death, dead babies, insert whatever other insanity you wish. The Church of G.O.D. is not about worshiping any form of weaponry; we worship freedom and liberty and merely hold sacred the natural right to self-defense.

The 2A has stood alone for long enough, isn’t it about time the 1st Amendment repaid its debts? Let us protect the 2nd by exercising our 1st just as we protect the 1st and all the others by exercising our 2nd. Attacking the 2nd Amendment has been an easy whipping boy for far too long. Let us see what the antis do when forced to disparage the 1st Amendment as well.

So here goes… You can contact me at kaveman1@centurytel.net and join the Church of G.O.D. Send me an email and I will reply with my home address. Then send $12.00 and your address and the church will send you a certificate of membership. The only requirements for church membership is that you obey the 4 basic rules of gun safety and act as an ambassador for all law-abiding gun owners wherever you travel. This $12.00 investment is a lifetime membership. Eventually, I will have my own blog dedicated to matters of the church, but any orders generated through DOOT will be evenly split between myself, my buddy here in Oregon and Thirdpower for his generosity in allowing me to launch on an established forum. My only other request is that you help spread the word in whatever fashion you deem fit.

Certificate is 8.5” X 11” and is on high quality matte paper and is high quality ink. I should know, I made it.

6 comments:

drjim said...

Good job! As as I receive your reply, my check will be on it's way to you.
AMEN, BROTHERS!

barbarian said...

Welcome to the fold drjim, Hallelujah!

Smokey Behr said...

I'm already an ordained minister in the Church of the Brass Rainbow. Will this conflict in any way with that?

kaveman said...

Smokey, we welcome all.

TXGunGeek said...

So, how does one go from member to ordained minister in this church?

I'm already a firearms instructor and spend many a Sunday on the range teaching new shooters. Others have said it feels like I'm preaching when I'm teaching on occasion. Espousing the friendliness and virtues of the ever loving G.O.D. to the students. As well as the righteousness of the one true and most holy disciple John Moses Browning.

Robert Langham said...

I feel it....yeah! I feel the spirit!