Thursday, November 13, 2008

(Dis) Qualifiers

The NY Times has a copy of the application for employment for the upcoming Obama administration.

If your weird Uncle Charlie ever got arrested for drunk & disorderly or if cousin Erma is single and has more than one 'babydaddy', don't bother. To get a job there, you need to be directly related to that guy that walked on water.

Oh, and a complete list of any firearms you and your family own.

Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.


I understand why they are doing this. They want to be prepared for anything that the jackals from the 4th Estate dig up for their daily rags.

SIH has his say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite one was about spilling the beans about anything embarassing in your diary.

I'm toying with the idea of actually writing up a brutally honest answer for each question and sending it in.

Every question except for my guns. That may have to be something along the lines of, "None of your damn business."

I will also be forcefully demanding an office with a view of the Rose Garden. That'll show 'em I'm a serious go getter who knows what I want.