Saturday, July 26, 2008

The land of 10,000 lakes and one clueless visitor.

Over on HuffPo, a writer by the name of Lloyd Garver is wanting to party like it's 1989. On a visit to Minnesota, he discovered this "quite astounding" law (in place since 2003) that allows people to carry concealed and that a business would need to place a sign up stating if they didn't want it in that particular establishment.

All on his own, he came up with this:
Can you imagine what it would be like if people were allowed to bring guns into a hospital? Think of that unhappy patient: "You call this a good nose job, Doc?" BAM!
Wow. All that originality. And from a writer of sitcoms. Who woulda' thunk?

After discovering this "crazy" law, he came down with a case of PSH:
Once I learned about this concealed weapons thing, I was checking out everybody, wondering if they were secretly carrying a gun. "How about those three noisy girls behind me in the movie theater? Were they packing lead?" "What about the busty woman on the other side of the restaurant. Did she have a gun in her bra or was she just glad to see me?" "What about that minister striding towards me? Was he a Gunslinger for God?" It makes for a somewhat uneasy visit.

Why would this make him "uneasy"? Well let's look at his Bio of life experiences:

I grew up in Chicago, went to college at Berkeley, and got my Masters at Northwestern. Then I followed my dream to become a serious writer by moving to Los Angeles and getting a job writing questions and "ad-lib" jokes for the game show, "Hollywood Squares.

Ah, that explains it. I wonder how much therapy Mr. Garver will need after visiting the other 39 states that have liberal CCW laws? He'ld probably have to be committed if he ever visited Vermont or Alaska where no license is required. Going to the NRA convention in KY would have given him an aneurism.

3 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Putting PSHers like Garver off their feed might be the only bright side to those Mandated Defenselessness Zone signs.

Joe Allen said...

Wow. He may be the most pathetic little hoplophobic weenie I've ever heard of!

What sad little man.

Joe

Joat said...

He probably would have fainted dead away around me I normally open carry. The law in Minnesota doesn't differentiate between concealed or open carry. Also the signs don't really mean anything there is only a penalty if you are asked to leave and you don't comply even then it is a petty misdemeanor a $25 fine I think. Schools and court houses are about the only places you have to watch out for.