Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Gunday Funday: More CCCP Joy

After much driving due to stupid paperwork and even stupider IL waiting periods, I've added another Cold War trophy to my collection.  A 1950 Soviet SKS in very good condition. 



It's pouring rain out currently so unwilling to take it out to shoot.  Just from basic operating though, the bolt seems smoother than my Norinco SKS and the safety is tighter. 

I can't wait to make it go bang. 



Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

7 comments:

Old NFO said...

Interesting and looks like it's in great shape considering it's age!

That Guy said...

Nice! Seems like there is lots of interest in the SKS popping up. I may need to take mine to the range again

Shawn said...

You got a black bolt. pretty good. Don't see it that often.

I have a 1952 tula myself. Got it for $100 in 2008. i HAD A yugo but I sold it and kick myself every time.

Weer'd Beard said...

Got a Romanian SKS m'self. Honestly if my FAL is unavailable, I'd reach for that one next over a ton of other "more modern" weapons.

Firehand said...

I've generally found SKSs to be more accurate- sometimes hugely so- on average than AKs.

Along with being rock-level reliable

Rob Reed said...

Where did you find a Soviet SKS and how much was it?

I've resisted the SKS bug, but I would pick up a clean Soviet example if I could

Rob (Trebor)

Thirdpower said...

I got it at a show for $400.