Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not So Bare Bones Ruger 10/22

The parts I ordered to flesh out my new 10/22 arrived today. From Ruger, I got a weaver style scope mount and sling swivels. From SG, I got a Butler Creek 1" 1907 style leather sling which I'm very comfortable w.


The original screws were in there so tight I used a drill to loosen them up for removal. The scope mounting screws are hand-tightened only at this point. The mounting blocks the iron sights.

The swivels are decent and seem sturdy so I hope they'll stand up to some abuse. The sling I'll be oiling up later tonight if time permits. I popped some grommets on the other 1907 style I have during Appleseed so I'll be looking out for that. The repair job w/ sinew has held since then.

Unorganized Militia GearUnorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

2 comments:

Keads said...

Nice looking 10/22!

Thomas F said...

Very nice.....