Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some People Just Can't Learn

In a classic examples of how internet myths survive and how we can be our own worst enemies, I found a comment in response to Dave Workman's Seattle GRE column on how the 2009 tax forms don't have a place to list your guns. You know, the SB2099 thing.
The bill was out there in Congress. Enough people became aware of it that it failed to clear committee. ....
Sure. Ten years ago. And HR45 never even saw the light of day. Now here's the funny part:
I can confidently suggest that both he and his article be ignored, just as he and Zumbo ignore the hard work that went into making sure that the IRS isn't counting guns this year.

Yeah. It's hard work to forward an e-mail for a non-existent threat. So I asked him to show me the bill. One would think he would be proud to show how it was defeated and would brag about it a little. Here's the response:
Google is your friend. I am not.

No real surprise there, eh?

It's bad enough that we have "I'm a gun owner but" type people and the AHSA who do everything they can to elect Brady endorsed candidates, we don't need gun owners remaining willfully ignorant and defending myths and nonsense when a minute or two of research will show the truth while at the same time attacking others who have done the relevant research on the real threats out there.

Leave that kind of nonsense for the gun banners. Don't do their work for them.

Update: And sometimes people surprise you:
I apologize for my rude answer. I am just so tired of people demanding "someone else' do the work that they can do with a few keystrokes. I've had a running battle with a couple of idiots who demand just that with every post while failing to provide any backing for their own statements. Again, sorry.



Unorganized Militia Gear



No comments: