Monday, March 2, 2009

"Unlikely Occurrences "

I asked a professor today that if there was an alert of a VT like situation, whether she would feel safer knowing I had a firearm or knowing I didn't. She replied she'ld have to think about that. An honest answer I can respect.

Just a half hour ago I received this E-mail:

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff :

A student posted threats on his Facebook page against Eastern Illinois University. That student has returned to his hometown near Chicago. Threats made to students, faculty-staff members, or against the University as a whole will be treated seriously and resolved aggressively.


I hope everyone 'feels safe'.

2 comments:

Rustmeister said...

That's an excellent question.

Petey said...

Bravo.

It would have been a good question for me to pose to my professors when I was at Western Illinois University. Damn. Missed opportunity.

I firmly believe one armed student at VT or NIU could have saved lives.