Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The definition of "progressive"

With apologies to a real progressive.

Progressive would refer to social improvement by government action. This goes for everything from gun regulation to health care to education. Americans need to start taking care of Americans.

Completely ignoring the education system in the US started failing when the gov't took over, the housing projects, social security, etc.

All of it, however, is Bush's fault.

Yes, because America has let these programs fall by the way-side as our government spends their time passing stupid policies like the "no child left behind" act and involving us in unnecessary wars for their own financial gain.

Remember the good and, dare I say, progressive acts of FDR and JFK that pulled us out of a depression and helped our country become a superpower?


Nevermind that it was WWII that pulled us out of the depression and made us a "SuperPower". One also wouldn't want to mention Bay of Pigs or Vietnam, would we?

BDS must also cause historical blindness.

Is it me, or is this authoritarian mindset just truly scary?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how, dare I ask, does "Americans need to start taking care of Americans," suddenly equate to "The government needs to take care of Americans"? I mean, granted, politicans are American citizens, but I somehow doubt that is what they meant.

I am not sure if it is the mindset that scares me, or just their patent stupidity.

Don said...

Sigh. As I keep reminding my fellow NEA members and schoolteachers, NCLB was written by Ted Kenneday. He's supposed to be in "our" pocket. We're a union. A "progressive" union at that (does your labor union have a position on gun control? On abortion? Mine does.)