Friday, May 2, 2008

Voodoo thinking..

One of the laws that Illinois has on the books makes it illegal for female minors to receive abortions w/o parental notification. As a parent I think this is a good idea. Unfortunately, some people do not and the law is currently being blocked. Now I support the idea of the law and am not up on all the particulars so the blocking may be legitimate. I'm not going to comment on that at this time and I am pro-choice.

However, this is why I think the concept is valid:

New York Man Used Voodoo Threats to Scare Teen Girls Into Rape 'Rituals'

The title says it all. Old pervert tells teen girls he'll give them nice things if they perform sex voodoo w/ him and bad things will happen if they don't. They did.


Jamie Lynn's Birth Fears


Now 17 yr old Spears watches birth video and can't handle it. There's a reason 16 year old girls shouldn't get pregnant. And please don't tell me that all babies are miracles from God. A miracle from God is when a butterfly lands on a retarded kid's arm or when the cops don't find the hooker you buried, not when a drunk hillbilly forgets to pull out*.


Just like I have no problems w/ minors not handling firearms unsupervised, especially in todays world, anyone that tries to tell me that my 14 year old should be allowed to get a medical procedure done not only w/o my consent but no notification are the ones that need psychological exams. Not only is this due to the fact that I'm ethically and morally responsible for the health and welfare of my children, I'm legally responsible as well. How can some people justify supporting laws making parents accountable for their kids committing criminal acts and then turn around and claim that children should be allowed to make potentially life-altering decisions?

The mind reels.


*blatantly plagiarized.

No comments: