Monday, April 14, 2008

Walmart to film and register gun sales.

I rarely bought supplies from them in the first place. Now I won't by any. Rural King and local FFL's for me.

Wal-Mart to film gun sales in bid to fight crime

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, unveiled plans on Monday to film its gun sales in the United States and create a computerized log of purchases in a bid to stop guns falling into the wrong hands.

Of course this was encouraged by MAIG so I suspect Bloomie is hoping for this kind of reaction to reduce sales and encourage WallyWorld to reduce their inventory even more hence less places to buy.

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, had previously tried to establish a store in New York City but failed.

Who wants to bet that they'll be opening stores in NYC soon?

Tip to SIH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya, I heard this on the radio this morning. The reporter stated that "Walmart will allow the police to review the video tapes at their leisure."

Don't know about you but I'm getting a little tired of being treated like a suspect simply because I choose to excercise my Contstitutional Rights.

I've never bought any firearms supplies from them and now I never will. I might go in and flip off the camera though.