Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A quick roundup

I only have a limited time on a crappy connection to do my blog/news sweeps. Annoyingly I’m blocked from blogspot so I have to use a proxy server. At least I’m able to keep up. It is causing some withdrawal symptoms though. Here’s my thoughts on the highlights of the last week.

DOJ Cert. Brief:
Who were they trying to appease w/ this one? Was it their attempt to kiss everybody’s asses and not make waves for the upcoming elections? If it was, they only succeeded in pissing us off and giving ammo to the anti’s out there as they will convieniently ignore anything that says “individual right” to promote the “gun bans are OK” statements. Not that Bush really cares. He’s in Lame Duck status and it may be noted that none of the GOP contenders are asking for his endorsement.

NRA statement on DOJ Cert:

Weak. Weak. Weak. Hopefully their Cert. will have more in the way of cajones. This was so fluffy it could be in competition as a fabric softener.

ATF on Broken Semi-auto machineguns:

I guess the dealer I bought my 1911 from sold me a machine-gun as I had to send it back to keep it from double-tapping on me.

But the BATFE isn’t reaching for convictions, no, not at all.

Abrams conviction:

Maybe he f*cked up, but I’m not convinced. Especially w/ the jury-rigging and incompetence we’ve been seeing from the judiciary leaves me w/ too many unanswered questions.

Recent Miller and Helmke posts:

The usual tripe. Make it MORE illegal to commit crimes. Put the onus of crime onto legal owners who are victimized. Continue to call for bans on scary looking guns and for untested technology to be mandatory.

No comments: