Sunday, June 14, 2015

Why I'm Out Of The Game (For Now)

Hello, my name is Thirdpower and I'm..... I'm a Gun Nut.

*crowd* Hello Third./*crowd*

I fell off the bandwagon last night and got involved in a 'debate' (w/ the usual sarcasm intended) w/ a 'Gun Owner Butt..." who supports UBC's. He stated that we should 'lead the way' and 'clarify the divide between legal and illegal firearm owners.  His primary defense?  Polls showing 'gun owners overwhelmingly support UBC's.

I showed him the results in WA and asked why the disparity between the polls and the results which needed unprecedented amounts of money (primarily donated by 5 rich guys).

He claimed the NRA brainwashed gun owners w/ an equal amount of money.

I showed him that 1/20th the amount was spent.

He claimed polls show overwhelming support for UBC's and that criminals get many/significant amount of guns through private sales.

I asked him to specify what many/significant was.

He posted a link showing that criminals are already committing crimes and that UBC's would stop that. (seriously)

I showed that only .1% of prohibited persons are prosecuted and that anti's are actively working to shut down FFL's so no transfers could occur.

He said the justice system is broken and that laws need to fix that and that Polls show overwhelming support.

After I lifted my head up off the desk, I challenged him to ask gun owners their opinion on a relatively moderate firearm board.

He responded that the board was a bunch of partisans, not representative of gun owners, compared them to MDA, and the NRA were 'reactionary fascists'. 

There's more but you get the idea.  After awhile I just started making fun and insulting him.

Point: It was a negative experience for me.  I never thought about 'changing his mind' but the thickness of this idiot was not good for me.  I got angry.  I stayed up way to late, completely throwing off my sleeping schedule.  My sleep was rough as the stupidity just kept swirling around in my head all night.

I need to work on my willpower.




Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear
Unorganized Militia Gear

2 comments:

Joe mama said...

Ignorance is easier to forgive when it's unintentional.

Arthur said...

If you're looking for a healthier, more life-affirming alternative to dealing with Anti-Gun Nuts...have you ever thought of taking up a serious heroin addiction?