Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The race for last place

Truth be told, just a few years ago I couldn’t have cared less about may issue or no issue states. It didn’t affect me so screw all those commie bastards.

I didn’t even care enough about my own Right to carry concealed until I was 35 years old. But when I reflect; I’ve been shooting since age 6, started carrying openly at age 12(rifle, duh) saved my own life with the gun I was carrying at age 14 and have been eligible for an Oregon CHL since age 21, it still took me another decade and a half to actually do it. I should note that Barbarian gnawed on my ear for a full 5 years to get my ass off the couch and pony up the cash and sit through an afternoon class to actually get it. At one point, he even offered to front the cost if I would commit to the training class. I turned him down repeatedly.

I can’t honestly say that I was a Fudd, but I just wasn’t following what our congress critters were doing.

I was ignorant.

Now???

Well, I consider myself very well informed about Oregon Law concerning both concealed carry and open carry and somewhat less than ignorant about matters in the other 49 states.

Constitutional carry is way cool. Reciprocity is way cool. For those in the last two states that don’t have any form of CCW, you’re doing research about crap the rest of us take for granted.

That’s what the politicos need to hear. We have had this for a long time now. It’s time for you to join the union.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Unorganized Militia Gear

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Illinois Sucks! I was born in Illinois but not by choice. I would leave this miserable state in a heartbeat but lack the funds. News like this only strengthens my resolve to leave. One day soon!

drjim said...

I've got a Utah card, but it doesn't do me much good out here in Kaliforniastan.

Anonymous said...

I left the above comment and would like to explain further. While I admire the Illinois State Police for refusing to release the FOID list, there is absolutely no reason for the FOID system to begin with. It is little more than a tool used against law-abiding citizens in the manner illustrated by Madigan. Unfortunately, Illinois is still stuck in 1968 and refuses to grow up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaveman, Barbarian here, thanks for the kudos. Philosophically, we should not need a permit to exercise a right, it is an infringement that we are dumbed-down enough to applaud. We are symply resigned enough to the corruption of our system to jump through the hoops anyway in order not to be hassled by the police state we currently live in. Call us realistic certainly, free? Not so much.