Friday, December 19, 2008

The difference between Us and Them

Alan Korwin of GunLaws.com sent out a 'Page 9' e-mail quoting a 2A lawyer with an incorrect cite regarding Caroline Kennedy and the 2A. This morning, I received a follow-up e-mail w/ an apology and the correct citation:

"In accusing Caroline Kennedy of shoddy scholarship, I committed shoddy scholarship.

"The quote, 'the right to keep and bear handguns is not guaranteed by the Second Amendment,' does not appear in U.S. v. Miller, but (absurd as it is) it does appear in Quilici v. Morton Grove, which Kennedy was citing in her book. She was right, and I was wrong.

"Clearly, Kennedy is hostile to the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms, but she is not guilty of making up a quote, as I alleged.

"I apologize for my unforgivable error."
No uncertain terms there, eh?


Now compare that to the Brady Campaign's Dennis Henigan and his misquoting the 2A. Instead of fessing up, they tried to erase it from their site and Youtube.

No comments: