Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Funny of the Day



...only one out of 150,000 gun owners belong to the NRA

-Troll on Topix.net

Now, if we go by the low end of the membership numbers (3 million), that would put the US firearm owning population at 450 billion people.

75x the population of the planet. It would be like living in Hong Kong planet wide.

Conversely, if we went by the number of actual firearm owners in the US (80 million), then the NRA would have a membership of 533 people.

When did the NRA become the AHSA?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

I'm having a real hard time trying to understand how someone can say something which is so easily proven false.

I understand embellishment. I understand selective memory.

I don't understand how anyone can post this and expect to fool anybody.

In other news, I went to the gun show last weekend and picked up a Chinese drum mag for the AR-15 AND IT HOLDS 193,487 ROUNDS!!!

Anonymous said...

Jadegold must've been the resource center for these statistics. There must've been a multiplier of 9.7 million used in those calculations somewhere.

Hey Kave, I found out that extending the bayonet on my Yugo SKS will make it fire full-auto, about 15,875 rounds per minute! A true bullet-hose! Now all I need to find is a black synthetic stock and I'll most certainly be up to about 20(k) rounds/min!

BobG said...

"I don't understand how anyone can post this and expect to fool anybody."

Have you ever tried to reason with an anti-gun person? They eat up this sort of math.

Anonymous said...

bobg...

Yes I have tried to reason with many and I've found something interesting. Those who are actively anti gun, know their tactics are phony and simply repeat an emotional meme. Those who don't know the info is false but believe it anyways just aren't passionate enough about the gun control movement to get up off their butts and do something to support it.