Thursday, September 25, 2008

Obama supports hunters and sportsmen?

In the recent F&S interview, Barack "I voted for banning your shotguns before I voted against it" Obama stated:

"But if you talk to sportsmen in my home state of Illinois, they will tell you that I’ve always been a forceful advocate on behalf of the rights of sportsmen, on behalf of access for sportsmen and hunters. I’ve been somebody who, well before the recent Supreme Court case, stated my belief that the Second Amendment was an individual right."


So far, that doesn't seem to be the case:

"Any sportsman who counts Barack Obama as one of his friends is
seriously confused," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson.

"Obama is not a friend of hunters and sportsmen. The 2A is not about hunting."
-John Naesse, Director, Champaign County Rifle Assoc.

I'm waiting on responses from about a dozen other organizations I contacted.

No comments: