Friday, September 19, 2008

Mayor Daley refuses to enforce the law

By arresting and deporting illegal immigrants:

"That is not the role of the Chicago Police Department, your legal status. I mean, their role is to serve and protect the people of the city of Chicago. And immigrants do not commit the high percentage of crime."
And yet legal firearm owners "do not commit the high percentage of crime" yet Daley and his ilk seem obsessed w/ blaming them for Chicago's high crime rate.

The Cook County Police agree w/ him:
Cook County sheriff's office spokesman Steve Patterson said the office will not consider a program like 287(g) because Cook is a sanctuary county, meaning officials have directed police and other employees not to ask about Immigration status.
Officials have directed police to not enforce the law. Does anymore need to be said?

1 comment:

Jay21 said...

"On my honor,I will never betray my badge,my integrity, my character,or the public trust.
I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions.I will always uphold the constitution my community and the agency I serve."
http://www.theiacp.org/profassist/ethics/what_is_oath_of_honor.htm

Seems to me it is "their" role. Daley is a reflective asshat of what is wrong with Justice in America today.