Wednesday, September 19, 2007

CYOA is justification for discrimination...

So says Santa Maria City Police Chief Danny Macagni. I did not know this, but apparently "May Issue" in California places liability onto the city if someone misuses the permit. That's ironic in the fact that they don't have liability towards the safety of anyone else. So, even though the Chief claims he's a "Strong Supporter" of the 2A, he's got to cover his and the city's ass by effectively only issuing permits to his friends:

“Frankly, the people I have issued (permits) to are well-known,” Macagni said, adding they are people he has known for years and “I feel comfortable that they won't go out and get themselves in trouble."

or in the case of Santa Barbara County, only to LEO's and Judges. That, however, is a step up from Lompoc county w/ zero.

Silly me, I thought Jim Crow laws were unconstitutional.

No comments: