Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm A Gun Owner Butt.....

Sometimes we're our own worst enemy. Indiana fixes a law that prevented you from even transporting a firearm in your car w/o a state permit. People freak out over media proclaiming it's CCW w/o a license.

Then the stupid hits:
People should have to have a permit to carry whether it's on your property or not. Even in your car unloaded," said Jennifer Scott, gun owner.
So she thinks a person needs state permission to carry a firearm on their own private property. Yeah. That will stop criminal activity.

From the Marion Chronicle Tribune (much more accurate):
An Indiana handgun license allows gun owners to carry their handguns openly and concealed. A permit is required to take a loaded handgun anywhere except if the handgun is kept at home or work.

Starting Friday, a person can also carry a handgun without a license: or in their vehicle if the weapon is unloaded, not easily accessible and securely wrapped. Or on someone else's property if they have permission to be there and are attending a firearms-related event or receiving services for their handgun. Or at a shooting range while attending firearms training or hunting legally.

Unorganized Militia GearUnorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear


Chas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alcade said...

I'm a gun owner but...

I didn't buy my gun, it was handed down from my grandfather.

I've never shot the gun.

I *think* it's in the upstairs closet, underneath that pile of old blankets.

I don't have any ammo for the gun.

The gun is mostly made of iron oxide and rotten wood.

But, of course, that still qualifies me to give a gun owner's perspective when interviewed.

Robert Fowler said...

According to Dr. Phil, (the wife is a fan, I get to listen) everything you said before the word but is as if you never said it. Or something like that. Jennifer is a idiot. She's the type of "gun owner" that will watch the government outlaw any gun she doesn't like. As long as it doesn't affect her right to "hunt". A word I have never found in the Constitution.