Thursday, January 31, 2008
1. Non-licensed individuals are prevented from accessing the background check system due to the Brady Law.How strongly do you favor or oppose a law that allowed private gun sales to have the same access as licensed dealers? Do you strongly favor, favor, neither favor nor oppose, oppose,
or strongly oppose?
2. Should penalties for knowingly selling guns to a prohibited person be tougher, less though, or about as tough as penalties for illegally selling drugs? Unknowingly selling?
3. Should semi-automatic firearms commonly used in competitive sports and hunting
be sold to the general public or should their sales be limited to the military and police?
4. As a result of the 9/11 terrorists being able to commit their crimes against defenseless passengers, do you think that gun control laws should be stricter, making it harder for people to purchase firearms or that gun control laws should be less strict, making it easier for people to purchase firearms?
5. Although few crimes have ever been committed in the US and no deaths resulting, some states are trying to ban .50 caliber target rifles from civilian ownership.
Should such rifles be 1) restricted only to the police and military, or 2)
available to civilians like standard target rifles as they are at present?
6. In all states it is illegal to drive with a BAC of .08. Would you favor or
oppose state laws making it illegal to carry a firearm while legally drunk?
7. Would you favor or oppose a law which would allow police to arbitrarily decide who could own a firearm?
I suggest a pro-gun organization submit these questions as a packet to the GSS (along w/ the required bribe) so we can compare the results and then watch as the PuSH'ers climb all over each other trying to discredit it as "biased".
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
of adults living in households with telephones. Sample size was 1,176 in 2001. For more
details, see Smith, 2001. The NGPS was funded by the Joyce Foundation.
Did any one notice Tom the author of the NORC report quotes his own propaganda? to support the conclusions.
Yea real credible.
New NGPS Survey questions:
1. Do you think that mandatory gun-safety training should or should not be required for
anyone to buy a gun if that training is made readily accessible? If made difficult to obtain?
2. Would you favor or oppose a law which would a person to obtain police/government permission before being allowed to purchase a firearm?
3. Many localities are attempting to bankrupt and close firearm dealers through civil lawsuits. How strongly would you favor or oppose a law mandating all firearm sales to go through firearm dealers only? Favor or Oppose a law allowing non-licensed individual access to the background check system?
4. Knowing that registration offices have been closed down, preventing any further licenses, Do you favor or oppose the mandatory registration of handguns and pistols?
For each of the following statements, please tell me if you strongly agree, agree, disagree,
or strongly disagree?
1. The government should do everything it can to keep repeat violent offenders in prison, even if it means lengthening sentences or denying parole.
2. Engineers are now designing handguns equipped with devices which can recognize the
owner of a gun and not fire for anyone else. This technology has not been yet perfected and is opposed by police agencies for their service firearms. Please tell me if you would strongly favor, favor, oppose, or strongly oppose a law mandating these features on firearms for civilians?
3. Which of the following would you most favor to regulate the sale of handguns:
Check on a buyer's criminal record and have a five-day restriction on buying
Check on a buyer's criminal record instantly and restriction the five-day delay
on buying a handgun.
Neither check on a buyer's criminal record nor have a five-day restriction on
buying a handgun.
4. Do you favor or oppose requiring gun owners to prove to the authorities that they still own their revolvers or handguns on a yearly basis ?
5. Some states have passed laws limiting handgun sales to one per month per customer.
Some people favor these laws as a way to limit the number of firearms an individual can own. Other people oppose these laws as they have never been shown to reduce crime or trafficking. Do you strongly favor, favor, oppose, or strongly oppose a law that prohibits citizens from
buying more than one handgun per month?
6. Which of these views comes closer to your own? Legal restrictions on the sale and
ownership of handguns are too strict and should be relaxed/Existing restrictions on the
sale and ownership of handguns are sufficient now/There should be a total ban on handgun ownership/ Prohibited individuals should be punished more severely for illegal ownership of handguns and longarms .
7. Most states require a special license to allow people to carry a concealed firearm. Should
licenses to carry concealed firearms be issued to any adult who has passed a criminal
background check and a gun safety course or should they be required to prove they have a need for one to the police?
8. Which of these views comes closer to your own? Legal restrictions on the sale and
ownership of handguns are too strict and should be relaxed/Existing restrictions on the
sale and ownership of handguns are sufficient now/No new handguns should be
manufactured or imported, but current legal owners could keep their handguns./ Police should monitor restricted individuals more closely for criminal activity.
I'll do the GSS questions in a few days.
VCDL, however, has posted a more complete video of the event while SailorCurt has firsthand accounts.
Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall.
5. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first anyway, then call 911)
6. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?". The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a .46."
7. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
8. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle." (Winchester Model 94 30-30 Cal. and loaded with Winchester Silver Tips, no doubt).
9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
To this I will add my comments. I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said "well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I said, "of course it is loaded." She then asked, "Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?" My reply was,"No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching afire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED."
Monday, January 28, 2008
Its official Teddy (Hic) Kennedy endorses Obama, I am so excited I could spit. I sometime wonder what is happening in a world where a drunken murder is held in high esteem. Or for that matter a creation of the media with no track record is even considered to obtain the highest office in the land. But I look at the eight years of Slick Willy I guess I have my answer. I actually read a liberal written piece actually questioning the accomplishments of slick Willy. Would appear the left is actually “eating themselves” could we be that lucky?
I started the book "Day of Reckoning", by Pat Buchanan; I have been so busy of late I have not been able to get in to it. He paints a bleak future for the democracy; one can hope he is wrong. Naomi Wolf agrees with him, and penned "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot", another book on Melody’s pile TBD.
On the bright side I do remain optimistic when I see people coming out to stand up for the Second Amendment. I find humor when I hear a few whack jobs in south armpit
Well kids, wish me luck big meeting tomorrow, maybe I can get back helping you all hammer our Anti-Freedom friends.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Listwise correlation analysis: [Change to pairwise]
No variables added
Double checking the data sets here and here, the report percentages are based off of straight response numbers. No controlling for population or variables. So their claim that "
"As Figure 2 shows gun ownership has been declining over the last 35 years" is disingenuous at best and shows that there is reason to suspect this packet as politically biased as they base their conclusions off of other biased surveys.