Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Anti-Gun Activists Attack Firearm Safety

Actress Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck' Thrace from Battlestar Gallactica) posts a comment urging safety on Twitter/FaceBook:


She is then viciously attacked by gun control activists for not demanding more gun bans and loses near 100k a lot of followers on Twitter.

This is gun control in action. They don't care about 'safety' or 'common-sense'. They care about banning guns.

I think some support is in order.


Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

6 comments:

ISH (Mininerd) said...

Religious fanaticism, pure and simple. Sackhoff has dared to commit heresy ("Thou Shalt Not Question The Narrative" - Hollywood 3:16) and must be Shunned.

Frankly, I hope she doesn't go the typical showbiz route and return to the fold... So say we all?

MonteG said...

Apparently she was "kidding" about losing half of her followers and is actually up in followers:
http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/10/battlestar-galactica-actress-tweets-abou

ISH (Mininerd) said...

Half her followers is definite hyperbole, but there are a good deal of nasty comments out there.

Anonymous said...

Anyone have examples of the nasty comments?

Shootin' Buddy

TS said...

I hate that the antis are high jacking the word "safety". I originally thought by the title that she was going to be taking the abstinence approach to safety. Pretty soon we'll have to come up with a new term for operating guns safely.

Anonymous said...

I write for the TV and movie industry, and I link my work to my twitter account. I have industry people add me regularly and then unfollow me because I put my political leanings front-and-center. It's interesting how much of a one way street this tolerance thing is.