Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Like an Afghani Farmer

Who needs an 'assault clip'? Tonight I did.

It's 4am and I'm sitting here still a bit wound up. About 30 min ago I was woken up to the sound of a pack of coyotes (at least half-a-dozen) in our yard. About 20' from the house and likely heading towards the animals to try for a late night snack.

I grabbed the SAR-1 (AK clone) w/ a 20 rnd magazine, ran outside and started firing at them. Don't think I hit any (it's not easy aiming w/o my glasses) but between me firing and the pair of large collies charging towards them, they turned and ran off. Had they decided to be more aggressive and go after the dogs, I would have needed more than the five rounds I popped off.

My only regret is those first five rounds in the mag were Glasers.

Unorganized Militia GearUnorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear


Pyrotek85 said...

Glad you're alright, shame you didn't get any of them. Have they been a problem for you lately?

Thirdpower said...

Yeah, they've been getting closer the last few weeks. This is the first time they've come this close as a pack, before it was the occasional individual.

BobG said...

Coyotes don't normally run in packs; I wonder if these aren't hybrids, with some dogs mixed in. I've seen a lot of hybrids, and they will pack up the same as dogs or wolves.