Tuesday, January 21, 2014

4thPower A vs 3rdPower: Rnd 1

I know the game posts aren't the most popular but I enjoy them. 

Took on the oldest boy in a game of OGRE today.  I played the defensive (w/ my Nihon forces of course) and he played a NAC Mk III (Kong).  Thanks to Steve Jackson et al. for that Nihon CP on the KS exclusive Vulcan and Friends sheet. 

 I started out w/ 2 howitzers, 3 hvy tanks, 3 GEV's and 2 Msl Tanks along w/ the 20 pts of Inf.  I forgot to take a pic of the initial set up. 

As soon as the boy got into range, he used both of his missiles to take out a 3pt Infantry. He's a bit obsessed w/ destroying them.  I got numerous units in range and took out his Main battery so he was reduced to Secondaries and AP guns.  Following that, I had a series of monumentally bad rolls allowing him to reduce my forces significantly while taking little damage until he got into range of my Howitzers.  He made the mistake of jogging back to take out some infantry (again) so I was able to slow his movement down to two and take out the rest of his secondaries. 

From there, it was just attrition until I stopped him.  Here was the final layout:


Both Howitzers, two Heavies, a GEV and two points of Infantry survived. Next game will be me playing the OGRE and him on the defensive.


Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

3 comments:

ACS said...

I enjoy seeing them. Have you printed out your map of San Francisco yet? Office Depot will do it for < $30, laminated.

Thirdpower said...

I did. Got it from Walgreens for $25 w/ a coupon. http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2014/01/ogre-6e-nihon-scenario-invasion-of-san.html

Anonymous said...

The gamer content is great. Don't stop.