Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011 in Pictures

The day was beautiful. 70 deg and partly cloudy. So I invited a friend down and we hit the range.

Norinco SKS
Ruger 10/22
Czech VZ-24
RIA 1911A1
S&W M&P 9mm









I've built up and improved the backdrop a bit. Increased the size using old tires, gravel and hay bales. Replaced some worn out/shot out frames and added a second target stand for plinking cans etc.









Shooting.































Some 8mm hydroshock effect on a family sized can of tomato soup.












My buddy's been so long shooting bolt action he kept trying to cycle the SKS.

























"And I thought they smelled bad.....on the outside" - Han Solo


























































And the follow-up. Burgers, Brats and Dogs on the grill.











Now just to balance out the day, my laptop crapped out on me (I'm currently typing on my Netbook) w/ a broken power connector. My friend is a computer/IT tech and w/i an hour had found the requisite part w/ a promise of repairing it for me ASAP. Yeah. He's getting some ammo out of it, that's for sure. It's a whole hell of a lot cheaper than having to buy a new computer.


Unorganized Militia Gear
Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

5 comments:

Hat Trick said...

"My buddy's been so long shooting bolt action he kept trying to cycle the SKS."

Ha! Used to do the same thing when I shot semi-autos while I was shooting a weekly 4 pos. smallbore league with a bolt-action .22.

Hat Trick said...

And looks like y'all had a good time.

drjim said...

Glad you guys enjoyed your weekend.
Looks like great weather, and great place, to go shooting!

LC Scotty said...

Weber 18.5" kettle?

Thirdpower said...

That would be correct.