- Some jurisdictions in Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, and Texas report that gangs are responsible for at least 90 percent of crime.
- Gangs are involved in approx. 66.2% of homicides nationwide.
- NGIC reporting indicates that juvenile gangs are responsible for a majority of crime in various jurisdictions in Arizona, California, Connecticut,Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
- NGIC reporting indicates that gang members in at least 72 jurisdictions have compromised or corrupted judicial, law enforcement, or correctional staff within the past three years.
- NGIC reporting indicates that gang members in at least 57 jurisdictions, including California, Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia, have applied for or gained employment within judicial, police, or correctional agencies.
- NGIC reporting indicates that law enforcement officials in at least 100 jurisdictions have come into contact with, detained, or arrested an active duty or former military gang member within the past three years.
- Enlisted military personnel are also being utilized by gang members as a ready source for weapons.
- • In November 2010, a US Navy Seal from San Diego and two others were arrested in Colorado for smuggling at least 18 military issued machine guns and 14 other firearms from Iraq and Afghanistan into the United States for sale and shipment to Mexico, according to open source reporting.
- In 2009, suspected gang members in Broward County and West Palm Beach, Florida burglarized nearly a dozen marked and unmarked law enforcement vehicles stealing firearms, ballistic vests, and police identification.
So a huge percentage of crimes are being committed by those w/ no regard for life, property or society. Federal, state and local laws along with sworn codes of honor are already being broken but the mentality of gun control advocates is that ‘one more law’, laws not even targeting the criminals, will make drastic changes to crime in the US. It's all the fault of 'gun nuts' not accepting their 'reasonable, common-sense' 'compromises' in which we get nothing in return
Does that make any sense at all?