Saturday, April 23, 2011

DaysofOurTrailers vs @CSGV: A Comparison

Days of our Trailers has 61 followers through Blogger, 331 on Facebook, and 104 on Twitter. There are an avg of about 400 'unique' individuals visiting this site every day. Not bad if I say so myself. I'm not in the category of SayUncle, Sebastian SIH or Tam, but I do my part.

Now onto the CSGV.

They are a Nat'l organization w/ a budget in the hundreds of thousands and a paid staff of 4. They run 2 or 3 blogs of their own. There are 2,383 people who 'like' their FB page and 1087 followers on Twitter as of 4/23/11.

So you'ld think they'ld wipe the board w/ me on numbers.

Nope.

When they linked to me on Twitter, I got a whopping 7 hits. Three from their office and four from another blogger friend. Not a single outside click.

According to Tango, from their FB hitpiece on him, he got 28 hits from them the first day, even after Ladd Everitt posted/tweeted it multiple times.

He got 32 from my post. And yesterday was spot on avg. 420 visitors.

So that to me says two things.

1. We're a LOT more active than those who proclaim to support gun control.

2. Days of our Trailers has as much, if not more, influence on the net as the CSGV.

All their member groups are really getting their money's worth, aren't they?



Unorganized Militia GearUnorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

4 comments:

LC Scotty said...

And how many of Tango's hits from CSGV were from pro-RKBA folks? I know that I jumped from CSGV to Tango's blog.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

You guys are looking at this all wrong. CSGV isn't trying to 'win' the gun control argument. They, and any other honest person, know that they have lost. They are just trying to stake out a position that will help them get continued donations from those few people who actually want to ban guns. They are broke. Everyone knows Brady Campaign, no one knows CSGV. They have to eat. So they act like asses on the internet and use the publicity to go to sympathetic people to get donations. Ladd Everitt is the Communications Director. He could be more accurately depicted as "Chief Marketeer." It will be interesting to see if it works.

Groundhog said...

What? You mean you're not raking in 6 figures from the ebil NRA shell organization front for the gun industry??????!!!!!!!!oneone!

By the way, I follow you on an RSS feed. I'm not sure how you measure that but I'd bet you have a lot of that going on. Keep it up you overpaid fool :)

Lazy Bike Commuter said...

By the way, you also have 285 subscribers on Google Reader.