Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Doe, A Deer, A Female Deer (Weekend Wildlife Reborn)

So.... Last weekend 4thPower Bravo discovered a dead doe in the creek.  A buddy of mine came over and helped me haul it out. When we did, we discovered it had a hole all the way through it.  Now I'm no expert but it certainly didn't look like it came from a blackpowder firearm (rifle hunting not legal in IL) nor was the body decomposed enough for the blackpowder season which was two and a half weeks before. CYOA time, I called DNR.  After some phone tag, the conservation officer told me from my description it sounded like a rifle shot and that they'ld include our area in their patrols.  Other than that I was free to dispose of the carcass as I saw fit.

Got the 4-wheeler prepped and took it out to the woods w/ the wildlife camera and went to check on it this evening when I got back from the show.  It had been mostly untouched which is odd.  Guess the coyote pack has moved on.









The batteries were still good so I swapped the cards and left it out there.  We'll see what happens over the next week.



Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear
Unorganized Militia Gear

1 comment:

David Lawson said...

It's "A doe, a deer, a female deer"...