Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A New Second Amendment?


Although I'm sure most of my readers also read TBFKASIH, I thought I'ld repeat this here for the outliers and DOOT-only fanatics. 

The 'National Constitution Center' has put up a proposal for a 'new' Second Amendment. It reads:

CURRENT VOTE: Better defining the constitutional right to bear arms.

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: “Because a well-regulated National Guard and Reserve, and well-regulated Federal, state, and local public safety departments, are necessary to the security of our free states and our free nation, the rights of citizens, while serving in their capacity in the aforesaid organizations, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Yeah,  Um no. 

Go and vote.

Unorganized Militia Gear Unorganized Militia Gear
Follow TrailerDays on Twitter
Unorganized Militia Gear

4 comments:

Crotalus said...

I did vote. Last I saw, 91% saw through the lie, realizing that the people, who are the militia, were completely left out of it.

joethefatman said...

As of 9:37AM CDT the voting is 94.11% against and 5.89% for.

Linoge said...

My standing challenge remains unfulfilled - I dare any and all of those people who hate, want to repeal, or want to change the Second Amendment to actually follow the prescribed methods for doing so and see how far they get. The Constitution has clauses for changing it; exercise them.

I dare you.

TS said...

Clearly the people who drafted this were upset by how the Fort Hood soldiers were disarmed while on base, hence the creation of an amendment that makes it unconstitutional for a superior officer to order a soldier to disarm. Kind of ironic, but our soldiers currently DON’T have a *right* to keep and bear arms while on duty.