Monday, September 7, 2009

What I Did On My Labor Day Weekend

My friend who picked up his S&W last weekend came over for a day of putting lead downrange


While this wasn't his first time shooting, it was the first time he got to really have fun and experience various types of firearms.
He's hooked. Of course I wasn't going to be left out.
.The kids got a chance to practice w/ their Daisy Rifles, we grilled, and spent most of the day BS'ing about guns, politics. and life in general. I keep forgetting how much fun it is to turn expired cans/cups/jars of food into targets. Jello cups explode nicely when hit w/ a .22.

It was a good day.

Tomorrow back to the grind.

Unorganized Militia Gear

3 comments:

Countertop said...

Good day indeed!

I don't allow my wife to throw stuff away. I just collect it in the basement and then haulk it all out once or twice a year to shoot up.

And your right about jello packets! They make a fantastic explosion.

So do ballons with a little bit of flour in them.

Or whole bags of flour (but that's wasteful).

I've also been known to hit up the bargin rack at Michaels and other craft stores and see how many cheap candles I can get.

A big ass candle reacts really well to a .30-06 round.

Les said...

SWEET!!!

My weekend was equally productive! Shot 1800 rounds of .40 for a class, then shot the monthly "Urban Action" 3-gun match with a .22 and a 12GA!

My hand hurts...

Anonymous said...

Jealousy rears its ugly head.
ANd I'm green with jealousy.

B Woodman
III-per