Saturday, December 20, 2008

Be a Victim in Rockford, Il

So says the "Only Ones" unable to stop a string of armed robberies. Otherwise you 'might get hurt'.

That crappy advice didn't work in the 80's when it was touted, now did it? I guess it's time to pull out the old comic again:




“Anytime someone demands money from you, you should not resist in any way, especially if they produce a weapon,” Sgt. Sam Pobjecky said. “If they are violent enough to carry a weapon, they are certainly violent enough to use it.”

Does that include you Sarge? Do you consider yourself 'violent'?

Here's what I say to you. F*ck off. Your little list of 'how to be a passive victim' is the equivalent of telling women to dress in Burkas to keep from being raped. Would you tell her she was 'asking for it' if she was wearing a skirt? No? That's basically what you're telling everyone to do.

How about I "assume" that they are going to hurt me? How about I put a couple rounds into them the second they threaten me? Would you support my actions or will you continue to enable their violence by encouraging passivity?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the sexism in that cartoon, it automatically assumes the assailant is a Man.

Anonymous said...

in the first frame that is.....

Zdogk9 said...

“If they are violent enough to carry a weapon, they are certainly violent enough to use it.”
Then they had damned well better be able to, and use it well, because I most certainly am
Z