Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hillary & Obama on Guns

From the debate:

Hillary: I support Federal laws to ban "Assault Weapons" and allow fishing expeditions on trace data but I don't think there should be any sweeping federal laws and locals should determine their own laws. But I don't know enough about DC where I've lived for years to answer.

Obama: We need to allow fishing expeditions on trace data and even though I've said it was constitutional before, I'm going to play the stupid game too and deny I ever said I'ld ban handguns even though my handwriting was on the report but I'll claim it's a different one.

Overall I give the debate to Obama. He got in to many good jabs against her and countered most of hers against him. Her primary defense was "I'm older and more experienced". I doubt that will garner her any points to the PA citizens. She basically told that one guy about the sniper episode "I lied, get over it".

My opinion? She's shot her chance at taking PA decisively but will stay in the race till near the end. Unless something upsets the apple cart in the next month, Obama will take the DNC convention.

No comments: