Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Paid shills for the NRA?

According to "Wendigo" in the comments at this post, numerous pro-2A scholars are "paid schills" for the NRA. That's similar to Laura Washington's that the numerous gun blogs are somehow organized and funded by the NRA.

This is in comparison to Hemenway, VPC, HSPH, Gonzo, and the IACP, etc. whose "reports" are all funded by the Joyce Foundation, and the Brady Campaign who puts out their own.

So tell me folks, which ones are funded by the NRA? I'll wait.

Update: Wendigo replies:

You probably want evidence that the sky is blue and that humans need air and water to survive.

What exactly does the NRA do? Can you tell me? Hmmmm? Or are you just the NRA's paid "fake skeptic" who roams the Internets Tube City for posts to pretend to "question" with some measure of fake gravitas?

As to the paid shills, apparently you don't get out much. That's not my problem either.

Go educate yourself. Please.


Yeah, that's what I thought. When the facts don't support your claims, resort to more logical fallacies and insults.

3 comments:

Rustmeister said...

Dang, that's not even a good non-answer.

Kevin said...

"What exactly does the NRA do? Can you tell me? Hmmmm?"

Ooooh! Oooooh! I know! I know!

They send out a lot of junk mail begging me for money. They lobby congresscritters, and that ain't cheap. They spend a lot of money helping maintain and improve target ranges around the country. They spend a lot of money publishing and distributing their multiple magazines.

But academics? Nope. That's the purview of the Joyce Foundation.

Anonymous said...

Where exactly does one apply for the paid shill position? I'd like to use the additional income to stock up on more practice ammunition.

Blessings

Lewellyn