Monday, December 14, 2009

Vote for Me: I'm not as bad as they are

Big JIM little ryan decided that he didn't like the Illinois State Rifle Association calling him on his alleged support of the Second Amendment. He responds:

There have been several well-meaning and respectful people here who have expressed concern about my position on the 2nd Amendment. Please allow me to clarify. Unlike the Democrats, I will not be an activist who works to take away the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Illinois citizens. My priorities are improving ...Illinois' business and jobs climate -- and providing ethical, authentic leadership to Springfield. My approach on 2nd Amendment related issues has always been to enforce existing laws rather than creating new ones. My years in law enforcement have influenced me to take a position shared by many law enforcement officials — in opposition to concealed carry and in favor of a narrowly drawn assault weapon ban. While I have a respectful disagreement on this issue with many in Illinois, I think we can all agree this is a big difference from those on the left with an activist agenda of infringing upon your 2nd Amendment rights.
Never mind the fact that as AG he attempted to entrap firearm owners into breaking the law. He completely ignores the fact that the Illinois Sherriff's Assoc. unanimously supports CCW.

Now he just supports an "Assault Weapon Ban" and will never sign a Concealed Carry bill because 'Law Enforcement Officials' (read: members of the Joyce Funded IACP) oppose it.

I'm certainly impressed.

No comments: