Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Were you called? Take the poll.

CHICAGO, March 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the Illinois Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence (ICPGV), a project of Legal Community Against Violence (LCAV), released the results from a new statewide, bipartisan poll on gun violence prevention.

Voters statewide expressed overwhelming support for closing the "private sale loophole" by requiring background checks for all gun sales, with 90 percent in support and 76 percent strongly supporting such a measure. Support for universal background checks was strong among Republicans (85%), gun owners (79%), and NRA members (70%). Women, voters residing in the suburbs of Chicago, and Hispanic voters had the highest levels of support for the measure, each at 96 percent.

Is this why there where over 5,000 progressive firearm rights supporters present in Springfield on March 11th 2009 in comparison to a few hundred anti-gunners the next week? Is that the kind of support they're talking about?

Who are these people they're calling? Certainly no 'NRA members' I'm in contact w/. Or even anyone they know for that matter.

Perhaps this 'poll' is similar to the one endorsed by Ceasefire PA/NJ showing overwhelming support for 'gun control' yet opposition to the various bills was 100:1?

2 comments:

Dan said...

Silly rabbit, polls are for trolls.

In my limited experience, those what administer the polls don't even know that statistics starts with an s. All they know is that if they ask themselves the question enough times they will get the results they hope they want.

Anonymous said...

I am an NRA member, I regularly contact my elected reps by e-mail and phone, and I answer my phone when it rings. I've never been called for ANY poll. Thank you for including me in yours!