Friday, September 7, 2007

Let's see how much money they waste w/ this one...

CA legislature passes microstamping

Even though it doesn't cover even half of the traced firearms, I'm sure they'll keep shouting it to the world that this is the new technology that will solve crimes, cure impotence, and keep your dog from crapping on the carpet.


To me, this is just another beaurocratic push to defacto ban handguns since I can't see many companies retooling to supply these. Actually it's a pretty slick move on the part of the Anti’s. Before, we could always point to them as the source of the ban or confiscation. Now, when companies don’t retool, they can point to the companies and say “See, they don’t really care about their customers or solving crime, it’s all about the money.”.
I agree w/ Matt over on Snowflakes, we should encourage companies to boycott the CA authorities ala Barrett.

I give it two years before they try to expand it to rifles. As Kevin B. says :Do it again, only HARDER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went ahead and wrote the Governator... not as though I expect much to come of it. But if this thing gets signed into law, I will definitely be writing all of the major firearm manufacturers around the country and urging them to follow Barrett's lead.

Michael Hawkins said...

In case you're interested, I wrote a rather elaborate article exposing the flaws of the entire idea, which can be found here:
http://mglv.blogspot.com/2007/08/is-microstamping-answer.html