Sunday, October 1, 2017

I Can Quit Any Time I Like

To expand on a FB post showing off our OGRE goodies.

I started collecting when my sister bought the the box edition of GEV when I was about 10.  33 years later, this is the result including RIVETS, the original video game, the horrid Deluxe Edition and much else.  The rolled map on the side is for the San Fran invasion scenario and the craft boxes contain my DE/6E scale pieces.

What I didn't include was my meager minis collection.  I've posted partial pics of them from time to time but never in one lump sum.

The OGRE's:
L-R, B-F:  MKIV (Multicam), MKIII, MKVI (ATAC), Dopplesodner (Soviet Flag), Ninja, MKIII & MKV (WWII Africa Korps),MKIIIb (Nihon)

Combine Mobile Artillery Battery in Tigerstripe:




PE German Heavy Armor company w/ infantry support in Blumentarn:



Australian Coastal Artillery battery w/ Infantry, Lt Tanks, and hvy weapons mounted on trucks.






PE German Re-Enforced Mechanized Infantry company in desert fleck:






PE Russian Armor company w/ Infantry support (Interior Ministry woodland pattern)



Misc: A collection of obsolete Russian and German armor. Radar and Jamming facilities, Acrylic CP, Revetments, Cruise-crawler in Russian OD, underwater OGRE.


The collection.  The empty spot is for the mass o' plastic minis from the Set 1 KS.


2 comments:

 Ashley said...

Lovely to see such a nice collection of painted Ogre miniatures, and in camo too. I approve.

McChuck said...

That, sir, is a beautiful sight to behold. I may have more (unpainted) miniatures, but you have the far superior collection. And you play it, too. (My son just doesn't like it much. He thinks it's too old fashioned.)