Took the AR out to zero in the new scope. The disparity between the the rifle and scope was so large in both dimensions that it wasn't even on the target board, nevermind the zeroing target. I switched to two, side-by-side man sized targets and it still took me several boxes of ammo even to get it onto one target reliably.
Then the scope would adjust vertically any farther so I had to physically readjust the mounting, mechanically zero the scope Vert. and start over again.
FINALLY got it into the center of the target and then switched to the zeroing target and was able to get it to about 1 MOA regularly.
Then I took my frustrations out on some innocent hedge apples.
I'm no super sniper shooter but this was ridiculous.
I do believe it's time to invest in a laser zeroing system.